The Plex Saga
I finally got plex working again, it was an ordeal. I had to stop running it in docker because of how many files it opened. I instead installed it straight onto my dallas node. That wasnt really an issue, just download the rpm from "Plex Download" then install it.
The issue is how to activate it, I needed to turn off cert auth to my server and initiate a putty connection, with a SSH tunnel from 8888 to 32400. I had to be local to initiate the connection. After that, I just added libraries and all was golden.
Port 32400 is needed to get through the firewall, regardless
Plex file limit:
Plex is having issues finding all of my series, I am having issues tracking down why. I am not looking at logs for the scanner and its analysis though. They are in ~
/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs
To fix this I made many more libraries, for show genres